Adult ClassesClasses are taught by professional Island potters and are designed to be fun as well as educational. Perfect for beginners as well as those with some experience, classes are small in size (maximum of 8) and relaxed and informal in style. Instruction covers the basics of clay preparation, wheel-throwing techniques, and glazing and decoration. Hand-building techniques can also be explored depending on interest. A great way to relieve stress and enhance creativity while learning a new skill! Participants will get a thorough introduction to the art of pottery making and have fun while creating their own pieces from start to finish.
Fall session: Registration will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the studio
- Mondays 6:30 to 9:30 PM September 26 to November 28 $200 plus clay ($25)
- Tuesdays 6:30 to 9:30 PM September 27 to November 29 $200 plus clay ($25)
- Thursdays 6:30 to 9:30 PM September 29 to December 1 $200 plus clay ($25)
- Mondays 6:30 to 9:30 PM January 16 to March 19 $200 plus clay ($25)
- Tuesdays 6:30 to 9:30 PM January 17 to March 20 $200 plus clay ($25) *
- Thursdays 6:30 to 9:30 PM January 19 to March 22 $200 plus clay ($25)
* If enough participants are interested, an intermediate/advanced class will be offered that will focus more on throwing complex forms and in glazing and decorating.For more information call Barb at 368-3268.